Lanigan Massage & Bodywork
Bringing balance through massage therapy in the Sewickley area since 2002
Thanks for visiting our webpage! How can we serve you today??
- Are you experiencing muscular pain?
- Do you want to boost your immune and lymphatic systems?
- Do you just want to relax?
- Do you want pampered?
We can help you with all of these!
- We specialize in rehabilitative massage and pain management. These involve the assessment of the soft tissue dysfunction causing pain and assisting the body in correcting that dysfunction. We incorporate techniques from many modalities, including: Orthopedic, Neuromuscular (Trigger Point Therapy), Myofascial Release, Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques, Anatomy Trains, Lymphatic Drainage, Sports, Deep Tissue, Swedish, and Workplace Chair.
- The lymphatic system is a vital system to keep your body functioning correctly. The immune system is part of the lymphatic system. Any circulatory massage with help the lymphatics, but we also do lymphatic drainage therapy, which manually stimulates the lymphatic system. Raindrop therapy will kill the bugs that are making you sick in the first place. And castor oil treatments stimulate the immune response.
- Just want to relax? Nothing is more relaxing and stress-relieving than a relaxing hot stone massage. Want that extra level of relaxation? Lymphatic drainage therapy stimulates the parasympathetic response in the body (which means that the sympathetic reponse - fight or flight - has to deactivate). Want even more? How about some extra reflexology on the feet? Maybe add some paraffin treatments? Raindrop therapy is very relaxing!
- Do you need some pampering?? We offer hand and/or foot exfoliation treatments, back scrubs, eye treatments, and aromatherapy. These can be added to any type of massage.
We use hot stones in almost all of our work - this adds heat to the tissue and is extremely relaxing and enjoyable.
Denise Lanigan LMT, ABMP, NCBTMB
I graduated from Westminster College in 1997 with degrees in Biology and Environmental Science. I worked for an Environmental Engineering firm for about 3 years before I realized that Corporate America and I were not a good fit. I returned to school, this time the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy, and graduated in 2002 with an Advanced Massage Therapy certification which included training in Neuromuscular (Trigger Point), Myofascial Release and Sports. My pre-med college background, as well as my personal love of sports, made the transition from 'normal' to 'medical/rehab/sports' bodywork an easy one. I continued with Lymphatic Drainage with the Upledger Institute in 2003, Orthopedic Massage and Pain Management with James Waslaski in 2003, Orthopedic Assessment with Whitney Lowe in 2008, and was certified in Medical Massage by the National Board Certification Agency in 2009. Currently I am studying Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques with Erik Dalton.
Michelle Paracca LMT, EMT, ABMP http://www.mparacca.massagetherapy.com/
15 years ago, what began as a fun hands-on weekend class with her Aunt, exploring the theory's of Shiatsu and it's benefits, became her new passion! This passion also fed her love of horses and animals in general. As a horse owner and avid rider, it made perfect sense to incorporate Equine Acupressure and manipulation into her practice. She continued her education in more traditional types of bodywork such as Deep Tissue, Orthopedic, Medical, Reflexology, Lymphatic Drainage, Reiki, Hot Stone, Lomi Lomi, and Thai Ball. Currently, she is studying CranialSacral Therapy.
Doreena Balestreire LMT, ABMP, NCBTMB http://www.doreena.massagetherapy.com/
Doreena graduated from the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy in 2011 and received her National Certification. She began practicing at Sean's Signature Salon, then decided to move into more therapeutic-based bodywork in conjunction with chiropractic work. She has taught at CCAC. She has training in Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Pregnancy and Hot Stone. She is currently studying Orthopedic Assessment with one of the top guys in the field, Whitney Lowe.
|Hot Stone Deep Tissue||X||X||X|
|Neuromuscular (Trigger Point)||X||X||X|
|Sports (with stretching)||X||X||X|
|Lymphatic Drainage Therapy||X||I||I|
|Castor Oil Pack||X||X|
|I = Incorporate techniques but not done as a stand alone service|