Lanigan Massage & Bodywork
Bringing balance through massage therapy in the Sewickley area since 2002
Thanks for visiting our webpage! How can we serve you today??
- Are you experiencing muscle or joint pain?
- Do you want to cleanse and detoxify your body?
- Do you want to boost your immune and lymphatic systems?
- Do you want to relax and erase the stress from your life for a bit?
- Do you want to be pampered?
We can help you with all of these!
- We specialize in rehabilitative massage and pain management. These involve the assessment of the soft tissue dysfunction causing pain and assisting the body in correcting that dysfunction. We incorporate techniques from many modalities, including: Orthopedic, Neuromuscular (Trigger Point Therapy), Myofascial Release, Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques, Anatomy Trains, Lymphatic Drainage, Sports, Deep Tissue, Swedish, and Workplace Chair.
- The lymphatic system is a vital system to keep your body functioning correctly. The immune system is part of the lymphatic system. Any circulatory massage will help, but we also do lymphatic drainage therapy, which manually stimulates the lymphatic system. Raindrop therapy is an aromatherapy treatment that kills the bugs that are causing illness. Castor oil treatments stimulate the immune response and help to rid your body of toxins. Ionic foot detox treatment eliminate toxins through the large pores in your feet.
- Just want to relax? Nothing is more relaxing and stress-relieving than a hot stone massage. Want that extra level of relaxation? Lymphatic drainage therapy stimulates the parasympathetic response in the body (which means that the sympathetic response - fight or flight - has to deactivate). Want even more? How about some extra reflexology on the feet? Maybe add some paraffin treatments to the hands and feet? Raindrop therapy is also very relaxing!
- Do you need some pampering?? We offer hand and/or foot exfoliation treatments, back scrubs, eye treatments, and aromatherapy. These can be added to any type of massage.
We use hot stones in almost all of our work - this adds heat to the tissue and is extremely relaxing and enjoyable.
Denise Lanigan LMT, ABMP, NCBTMB
I graduated from Westminster College in 1997 with degrees in Biology and Environmental Science. I worked for an Environmental Engineering firm for about 3 years before I realized that Corporate America and I were not a good fit. I returned to school, this time the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy, and graduated in 2002 with an Advanced Massage Therapy certification which included training in Neuromuscular (Trigger Point), Myofascial Release and Sports. I acquired my national certification (NCBTMB) shortly after I graduated.
My pre-med college background, as well as my personal love of sports, made the transition from 'normal' to 'medical/rehab/sports' bodywork an easy one. I continued with certifications in Lymphatic Drainage (Upledger Institute, 2003), Orthopedic Massage and Pain Management (James Waslaski, 2003), Orthopedic Assessment (Whitney Lowe, 2008), and Medical Massage (National Board Certification Agency, 2009). I am currently studying to become a Corrective Exercise Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine) as well as my ongoing study of Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (Erik Dalton).
Ashleigh Blair LMT, ABMP
Nathan is a 2007 graduate of the Career Training Academy in Pittsburgh, PA. He is a licensed massage therapist in PA, and is a professional member of Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP). Before entering the world of massage therapy, Nathan studied classical percussion at the Cleveland Institute of Music in Cleveland, OH. Some of his very first massage clients were fellow music students who wanted to prevent the acquisition of repetitive-strain injuries, and/or wanted to combat the stress associated with being an aspiring artist.
During his massage career, Nathan has worked at a variety of locations, including Russ Medical and Sport Massage Clinic, Massage Envy, Salon Vivace, Harmony Day Spa, and WellCare Medical Associates. While he specializes in Sports, Orthopedic, and Deep Tissue massages, Nathan is also fluent in Relaxation, Hot Stone, and other spa modalities.
Doreena Balestreire LMT, ABMP, NCBTMB http://www.doreena.massagetherapy.com/
Doreena graduated from the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy in 2011 and received her National Certification. She began practicing at Sean's Signature Salon, then decided to move into more therapeutic-based bodywork in conjunction with chiropractic work. She has taught at CCAC. She has training in Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Pregnancy and Hot Stone. She is currently studying Orthopedic Assessment with one of the top guys in the field, Whitney Lowe.
|Hot Stone Deep Tissue||X||X|
|Neuromuscular (Trigger Point)||X||X|
|Sports (with stretching)||X||X|
|Lymphatic Drainage Therapy||X||I|
|Castor Oil Pack||X||X|
|I = Incorporate techniques but not done as a stand alone service|